Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Road Back

I think I am finally in the clear with this setback!  I found a great website on Friday (Athletes Treating Athletes) which detailed some great stretching/rolling/wrapping/icing/strengthening techniques and excercises for peroneal tendonitis.  After a solid 45 minutes of body work Friday, I felt absolutely awesome.  I went for a 3rd massage session with Holli on Saturday morning, where she confirmed that everything looked and felt significantly improved with only the slightest traces of swelling, all muscular (i.e., no longer in the tendons). 

I ran 2x .5mi yesterday with some stretching in between with no pain.  I followed that up with another solid 30 minutes of stretching.  This morning I did a full 2.5mi easy run around my neighborhood, progressively picking up the pace with no traces of symptoms. 

I am optimistic that I can ease back into my regular routine over the next couple weeks.  Surprisingly, I don't feel like I have lost much fitness, but I know that whatever I did lose I will gain back in no time.  I am just happy to be running again.  It felt like 20 minutes of empowering freedom today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment