Sunday, March 16, 2014

Injury Update

Two good pieces of news. 

1) After the first week off, I am definitely progressing with my ankle symptoms.  In fact, for ~95% of my day, I am not even really aware of an injury.  I usually feel a little stiffness in the morning when I first wake up, and sometimes if I am on my feet for a really long-time or do a lot of walking or stair-climbing.  So I know I am making progress.

2) Since the symptoms are finally reduced to just one area, I finally have a diagnosis - peroneal tendonitis in my left leg.  I am scheduled to see my massage therapist 4 to 5 times for short (~15 minutes) appointments over the next 2 to 3 weeks to help break up the scar tissue and expedite the healing.  After this very up-and-down winter, I will be so happy when I finally feel 100% again and am able to resume light training.  By then, the weather should be much improved also.

I can feel the momentum building...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment