Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Broad Street 2014 Training, Week 8

Monday, March 24th:

Sick.  Came home from work early.  Slept from Monday 8:00pm to Tuesday 6:30am.  Woke up feeling like a beaten pinata.  Slept intermittently for 5 more hours from 7:00am-2:30pm.  Got 4 doses of cough/cold medicine in me each time I woke up.  Finally felt better once I ate something and got to moving around.  So...

Tuesday, March 25th:

6:05pm, Treadmill, 1.0% incline.  Mizuno Wave Rider 17.

3mi (23:48) (7:56/mi): random progression from 7.0-7.8mph.

Felt good to get moving again after the long layoff.  Had some terrible 24 hour bug accompanied by chills, lethargy, headache, and sore throat.  I think running actually helped clear a good bit of it out of my system.  The really great news is I had ZERO symptoms on my run tonight.  I actually didn't even THINK about my ankle for the first time in about a month.  While I still plan on running Broad Street in 5 weeks, I don't really have any time goals or expectations at this point.  I plan on just rebuilding my base, staying healthy, and having fun there.  From now until July, my focus is just building fitness in preparation for the Philly Marathon cycle, where a good number of team members are hoping to run fast times.  I plan on being one of them. :)

Wednesday, March 26th:

7:35pm, Treadmill, 1.0% incline.  Mizuno Wave Rider 17.

3.5mi (27:39) (7:54/mi): random progression from 7.0-8.0mph

Felt silky smooth again.  It's like I never even took a break.  I am just so happy to be able to run again.

Thursday, March 27th:

6:30pm, 41 degrees, 38%, 10mph.  2x Neighborhood Loop.  New Balance 1260v2.

4mi (30:36) (7:39/mi)

Put just a bit more effort into tonight's run, most of it in the last mile (7:24).  Felt my breathing laboring just a little at the end, haha, but it felt good.  Little tight in my left soleus afterward, but it dissipated within minutes after some solid stretching and lacrosse-ball rolling.

Friday, March 28th:

4:35am, 41 degrees, 57%, 5-10mph.  Maple Shade Loop (S).  Mizuno Wave Rider 17.

5mi (40:14) (8:03/mi)

Woke up wide awake early this morning and figured I might as well get my run in for the day early before the forecasted rain moves in.  Ran very, very easy which was a nice change of pace after yesterday.  Didn't check my splits until afterward (8:23 05 05 04 7:37) but it was nice to see I kept a pretty steady pace until the last quarter mile which I ended with a little surge.  I feel like I am building a little more momentum with each day... :)

Saturday, March 29th:

6:30am, 46 degrees, 78%, 0-5mph.  Moorestown.  Mizuno Wave Runner 17.

6mi (47:36) (7:56/mi)

Nice to run with the group again.  Warmed up with Colleen for her workout, and ran the first 5.5mi with Rich and Jamie.  The pace naturally progressed from 8:31-7:32/mi and I felt very comfortable the entire run.

Sunday, March 30th:

9:00am, 51 degrees, 90%, 5-10mph.  Cape May - Wildwood.  Adidas Supernova Glide 5.

10mi (1:25:11) (8:31/mi)

Acted as the pacer for Jimmy at the Ocean Drive 10 miler.  Turned out to be a great day for running.  The rain stopped late overnight, and while there was tons of fog, the temps and winds were very comfortable.  Jimmy ran a monster PR, which was great to see.  For me, it felt great to run so easy and be part of an awesome experience.  Lots of positive energy to carryover into training after today.

Weekly Total: 31.5 miles

Solid first week back.  I don't think I have lost quite as much fitness as I had initially expected, but I will continue to take things easy and build over the next few weeks back to regular mileage.  One more week of easy running before re-introducing light workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment