Friday, December 16, 2011

The Wonders of Massage Therapy

So I haven't really been running consistently since the Philly Marathon due to my left IT band.  I run easy for 2-3 miles, it gets tight, I stop running for a few days.  I use a foam roller, I do yoga, the IT band feels well enough to run again, go out for 2-3 miles, same thing - tightness.  I finally take 5 days off of no running, which means cumulatively I have run about a marathon worth of miles in the almost 4 weeks since the marathon.   I buy a latex band and do some stretching.  Improvement, but still lingering.  Finally, I break down and shell out the money for a massage therapist.

Well worth the money spent.  It was like instant relief - and not even painful.  I highly recommend a massage therapist, especially one that specializes in Reflexology and Active Release Therapy, for any one with IT band issues.  And if you need a local reference, see Holly Magill at Be Well Massage Therapy in Haddonfield.  You can thank me for it later.


No comments:

Post a Comment