Monday, May 20, 2013

Summer Base Training, Week 2

Monday, May 20th:

9:00am, 67 degrees, 85%, 0-5mph.  Tavistock Loop (L).  Nike Pegasus 29 Shield.

5.29mi easy - (7:37)

Smoothest I have felt right since resuming training.  Let myself roll with the undulating course while maintaining the same easy effort.  Again, just focused on staying relaxed and moving forward while keeping quick feet and a strong pushoff.  Can't believe how easy it felt.

Tuesday, May 21st:

8:15pm, 80 degrees(!), 60%, 5-10mph.  Kilmer Loop.  Nike Pegasus 29 Shield.

6.12mi easy - (8:00)

Wow, did it get warm really quickly!  I ran according to feel tonight and it is simply amazing to me how I just seem to know the right pace.  I am really attune to my form, movement, body temperature, everything.  It is an awesome feeling.  Still, giving myself the planned day of rest tomorrow.  And thank goodness - it is supposed to be even hotter!

Wednesday, May 22nd:

8:30pm, 82 degrees, 65%, 10mph.  Maple Shade Loop.  Adidas Supernova Glide 4.

4.94mi easy - (7:51)

Okay, so I lied about the rest day.  Realized I would have little opportunity to get a run in tomorrow unless I got up at 4:30am and ran in possible heavy rain.  I opted for melting in the heat tonight instead. At least I put in the window AC today so I will sleep in cool weather tonight.  Damn it is hot!

Thursday, May 23rd:

Rest

Friday, May 24th:

5:30am, 68 degrees, 80%, 0-5mph.  Moorestown.  Adidas Supernova Glide 4.

7.1mi very easy - (8:46)

Nice casual run with Larry, Emily, and Michele.  Temps were a bit cooler than earlier in the week, and the easier pace felt regenerating.

Saturday, May 25th:

7:00am, 48 degrees, 70%, 15-20mph.  Moorestown.  Adidas Adizero Boston 3.

7.29mi easy - (7:52)

Easy group run with Rich, Colleen, and Jamie.  Big dip in the temps this morning, made more noticeable with with the gusty winds.  Still can't decide whether or not I like these shoes, as I seem to keep getting an irritation under my right big toe pad.  Ordered some new Glides that should arrive in about a week.

Sunday, May 26th:

6:00am, 50 degrees, 50%, 5-10mph.  Hialeah-Cooper Landing Figure 8.  Adidas Supernova Glide 4.

5.74mi - (8:05)

Another refreshing morning with a bit of a brisk breeze.  Stayed very relaxed the whole way and focused on form and footfall.  Very in control and steady.

Weekly Total: 36.5mi

After two weeks of easy running, I finally feel like I have gotten all the kinks out.  Will probably add some fartleks or hill repeats next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment