Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Favorite Run of the Year, So Far

Sunday, May 12th:

11:00am, 65 degrees, 50%, 10-20mph.

1.62mi - (12:16): Random fartlek, ~10:00/mi pace for the "on" segments, ~15:00/mi walk pace for the "off" segments.

So it's time I brag about my wife, Janine.  She has worked very hard this year to (unnecessarily) lose the weight she put on during/after her second pregnancy.  She stepped on a scale around the holidays and decided she had had enough.  She joined a gym with her girlfriend, Jen, and the two have been religiously going 5-6 days a week to "get their workout on" (code for mostly elliptical training). 

To her credit, she has lost just over 25 lbs so far in about 4.5 months.  She looks amazing.  She feels rejuvenated.  She has decided to now set a goal of finishing a half-marathon in November in Philadelphia.  So today was day two of her training, and for a true mother's day celebration, I accompanied her and Jen by pushing our girls in our double jogging stroller.

It was a great way to get my legs moving again before resuming training tomorrow.  It was also a beautiful day and a great family outing.  Penny and Frankie enjoyed the breeze on their face.  Janine and Jen felt the satisfaction of getting out on the roads and starting their quest toward a larger end goal.  I enjoyed just being a part of it all.

And I gotta say, it really was my most enjoyable run so far this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment