Monday, March 4, 2013

Gettysburg Marathon Training, Week 11

Monday, March 4th:

Rest.

Tuesday, March 5th:

9:00 pm (!), 35 degrees, 70%, 0-5mph.  Hialeah-Valley Run-Kilmer-Hialeah.  Nike Pegasus 29 Shield.

10mi easy - (8:03)

Didn't get a chance to run until late tonight.  Wasn't sure how far I was gonna make it at the start, but once I got moving, I found a steady rhythm and just kept plugging along until the finish.  Felt strong the last two miles.  Glad I decided to go as the weather is only gonna get worse over the next few days.

Wednesday, March 6th:

4:40 am (!), 39 degrees, 70%, 20-25mph.  Maple Shade Loop (M).  Nike Pegasus 29 Shield.

6mi recovery - (8:33)

A quick turnaround from last night and some very gusty winds kind of forced me to go nice and slow this morning.  Weather is supposed to get much worse later today, so I figured I might as well get some miles in before it gets too ugly and too late like last night.

Thursday, March 7th:

4:40 am, 36 degrees, 60%, 20mph.  3x Neighborhood Loop +.  Nike Pegasus 29 Shield.

7mi easy progression - (7:57): 8:30-7:31, w/7x100m strides after

Have been feeling generally tired and banged up this week after the 10k on Sunday.  I don't think I realized until last night how much the race took out of me.  This morning I am finally feeling back to normal.  Last couple miles felt really strong, and the strides felt nice and easy.

Friday, March 8th:

5:00 am, 34 degrees, 80%, 15-30mph.  MRC-Merchantville.  Brooks Ravenna 3.

10mi recovery - (8:44)

Not the best conditions this morning but not too bad with the pleasant company (Larry, Marlene, Denise).  Scrapped the idea of a longer steady run until tomorrow, when it's supposed to be beautiful.  Haven't run this easy of a pace for 10 miles in quite a few weeks, and man did it feel so good.  My legs feel totally rejuvenated.  Running truth thought of the day: over the long haul, companionship and camaraderie just outweigh any time goals.

Saturday, March 9th:

1:15 pm, 55-60 degrees (!), 30%, 5-10mph.  JP's Philly Route: Diner-Kelly-Lemon Hill-Girard-Belmont-Strawbridge-Kelly.  Adidas Supernova Glide 4.

14.5mi steady - (7:15): last 3.5mi ~ 7:00/mi

Just an unbelievably gorgeous day!  Hard to believe after yesterday morning's trudge through the snow.  Added bonus, Jim and I had Terry accompany us on the bike to keep us company and carry our fuel.  The run flew by and finished strong.  I would take today's weather 365 days a year if I could.

Sunday, March 10th:

7:00 am, 33 degrees, 75%, calm.  Haddonfield.  Nike Pegasus 29 Shield.

9mi easy - (7:39)

Cool morning, felt a little earlier with the clocks moving forward, and my quads were a little beat up from yesterday's hills.  But I had Denning's company and the time passed by pretty quickly.  Tomorrow I will definitely run an easier pace.

Weekly Total: 56.5 miles

This is the last scheduled down week before the taper.  Saturday's long run was a real bright spot, the rest of the week was just some easy miles between last week's 10k and next weekend's half.  It will be nice to have this coming week off of regular working hours, so that I can sleep in every morning and feel rested for what is supposed to be my maximum mileage week of the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment