Monday, November 17, 2014

Philly Marathon Training, Week 18

Monday, November 17th:

8:15pm, Treadmill, 1.0-1.5%.  Nike Pegasus 29 USATF, Asics DS Trainer 18.

6mi (45:46): including 1.5mi warmup, strides, 2mi MP tempo (6:34 25), 2mi cooldown

I still don't know what to make of this whole ankle situation.  The tender area has slightly moved up higher more towards the front part of my leg, but the good new is it doesn't feel like tendinitis anymore, more of a mild swelling/throb.  I was aware of it most of the day at work, but not in any painful way - just like I needed to stretch it.  So I didn't know what to expect when I got on the treadmill tonight.

Surprisingly, the leg seemed to loosen up once I got moving and the throb dissipated while I was actually running.  I had no problem keeping pace, comfortably working from 9.0-9.4mph (6:40-6:23/mi) over the course of the tempo segment.  Even seemed fine stretching afterward, although that mild throbbing sensation returned.

Still seems like I am managing things well and that I am not pushing the envelope.  Of course, any day things don't feel quite right this week, I'll just take off.  Six days to go, just need to keep it together!

Tuesday, November 18th:

7:15pm, Treadmill, 1.5%.  Asics Kayano 19.

5mi (40:14) (8:03/mi).  Strides.

The ankle seems to be working its way back to normal.  Less clicking, less swelling in the surrounding muscles, stride feeling more relaxed and normal about 3mi into every run now.  Could it be possible that I am 100% asymptomatic by Sunday?! :)

Wednesday, November 19th:

6:20pm, Treadmill, 1.0%.  Asics DS Trainer 18.

5mi (38:59): including 2mi warmup, strides, 1mi MP (6:30), 1.5mi cooldown

I didn't feel quite as smooth as I would have liked at MP, but I felt great on the cooldown and, more importantly, after the run.  Still have the same funky tendon tightness during the day, but everything seems to subside once I get really warm and moving.  I am going to stick to my plan and take a rest day tomorrow, which should hopefully leave me feeling more fresh and itching to go for this weekend.

Thursday, November 20th:

Rest.

Friday, November 21st:

8:20am, 29 degrees, 35%, 10-15mph.  2x Neighborhood Loop.  Asics DS Trainer 18.

4mi (30:20): including 2mi warmup, strides, .5mi MP (3:16), 1mi cooldown

Today I had it.  It was there.  I was clicking.  Feeling WAY more confident now for Sunday.  Now it's taking care of the little things.

Saturday, November 22nd:

8:00am, 33 degrees, 52%, calm.  2x Neighborhood Loop.  Asics DS Trainer 18.

4mi (31:05) (7:46/mi).  Strides.

Smooth as silk.  It's now or never.  I am ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment