Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Philly Marathon Results and An Extended Break

I still don't quite have the energy to type up a full blown race report yet.  For those that don't know, I ended up running 3:06, which of course was nowhere near my goal of 2:50.  I ended up having stomach issues from about 10-13.1mi, and then the leg stiffness/heaviness started early around 14mi but I kept fighting hoping it was just a bad patch.  Finally around 20mi my left hamstring seized and that was all she wrote for being competitive.  I slow-jogged it in afterward at a pace that kept my hamstring at bay.

What little disappoint I may have had was soon squashed by learning that Jamie (2:56) and Steve (2:58) both broke 3 hours for the first time and that Tom ran a nice PR (2:44) despite his setbacks earlier in the training cycle.

I am now going to re-evaluate my training and start thinking about goals for 2015.

But with that being said, I also think I am going to take an extended break from this blog for awhile. 

I think my life needs a little less structure.  It's been fun keeping this daily journal to help hold me accountable and share my training with anyone who is interested.  If I get the itch, maybe I'll take it on again.  But for now, thanks for reading, and happy running to all.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment