Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Base Training, Week 6

Monday, January 9th:

5:45 am, 32 degrees, 60%, calm.  Maple Shade Loop (M).  Nike Structure Triax 15 Shield.

6m easy, including 4x strides after

Slow death march this morning.  Had absolutely zero energy.  First two miles really slow, warmed up after that, but just wasn't feeling it.  Strides after the run felt okay.  Still some mild tightness in right groin.

Tuesday, January 10th:

5:30 pm, 43 degrees, 50%, 5-10mph.  Merchantville Loop.  Nike Dual Fusion ST 2.

5 miles moderate

Fully recovered from yesterday.  Very strong yet light on my feet today.  Stride felt longer with a greater push off.

Wednesday, January 11th:

5:10 am, 30 degrees, 80%, calm.  Kilmer-Hialeah.  Nike Structure Triax 15 Shield.

7m easy

Little tight, especially right groin.  Took it slow, but was really able to open up the last 1/2m or so.

8:15 pm, 44 degrees, 60%, 5-15mph.  Neighborhood.  Nike Dual Fusion ST 2.

3m steady

Always seem to feel better at night.  Even when it is drizzly cold rain.

Thursday, January 12th:

2:30 pm, 47 degrees, 95%, 0-5mph.  Started at Kilmer-Hia-CHW-Hia-Kilmer.  Nike Pegasus 28.

7m easy (BOF) - 7:34 average

Parked at Frankie's school and ran for the amount of time I could before she got out of school.  Turned out to be a nice easy 7 miler through the mist and fog.

Friday, January 13th:

4:00 am, 50 degrees, 80%, 10-20mph.  Maple Shade Loop (S).  Nike Structure Triax 15 Shield.

5m recovery - including 4x strides after

Couldn't sleep, so I figured I would get some recovery miles in before the temperature dives and the winds pick up this morning.  Amazingly, I felt the best I have all week.  Calm, peaceful, easy.  Strides felt fantastic.  Maybe I should sleep less more often. :)

1:30 pm, 35 degrees, 45%, 10-30mph (w/50mph gusts).  Haddonfield.  Adidas Marathon 10B

6m progression (BOF) - 7:28 (7:58-:07)

Incredibly gusty afternoon.  Was trying to run just a consistent easy pace, but I unintentionally got faster as the run progressed.  Last mile included triple hill, which I did try to run hard, but I was surprised at the end of the run how fast overall I ran in bad conditions.  While I ran a little faster than I probably should have, I am taking it as a positive sign that I really am ready to begin workouts next week.

Saturday, January 14th:

7:30 am, 30 degrees, 50%, 0-15mph.  Moorestown-Cinnaminson.  Nike Structure Triax 15 Shield.

13m easy - ~7:24/mi per Tom's Garmin

Conversational, very comfortable.  Run flew by.  John took us to a loop around Cinnaminson High School trails that had a few nice climbs.  Relaxed and strong the whole way.

Sunday, January 15th:

Day off.  Refreshing to spend an entire Sunday with the family.

Weekly Total: 52 miles

Very happy with my base fitness right now.  Amazed how quickly it all came back after the layoff and down time.  Able to bounce back from double days and long runs quickly.  Strides felt comfortable.  Excited to begin workouts next week

No comments:

Post a Comment