Monday, October 10, 2011

Baltimore Marathon Training Week 18

MARATHON WEEK!

Monday, Oct. 10th:

5:35 am, 53 degrees, 95%, calm.  Maple Shade Loop (M).  Adidas Marathon B.

1.5m warm up, 3MP (6:25 29 22), 1.5m cool down.

A little startled when I woke up and both calves were very tight.  Left heel tight also.  Took the warm up very easy and by the time I started the pace running, all soreness/stiffness subsided.  The pace running was very up and down but I still felt relaxed the whole way and never hurried.  Last mile finished up hill and I was on cruise control by that point.  Recovered very quickly and enjoyed the cool down.  Just three easy runs to go before the race!

Tuesday, October 11th:

Day off.  Took a lot of discipline.

Wednesday, October 12th:

5:10 am, 61 degrees, 85%, calm.  Cherry Hill West Roads.  New Balance 890.

5m easy (BOF) - 7:52 average.

Could feel the difference in temperature, but with a nice mist falling, was still comfortable.  Took it nice and easy, gradually letting the tempo increase.  Finished strong.  Did 4x strides after.  Still debating about what pace to go out in the race.  I think I am just going to let the chips fall where they may.

Thursday, October 13th:

5:15 am, 61 degrees, 95%, 0-10mph.  Neighborhood.  New Balance 890.

3m easy (BOF) - 7:53 average.

Definitely more humid than yesterday, yet I felt more controlled and relaxed.  Did some more strides after the run - very nice.  Forecast for Saturday is a little warmer than I had hoped, and definitely breezy.  Should make for some interesting decisions on race day.

Friday, October 14th:
The Last Run Before the Race

8:00 am, 68 degrees, 95%, 5-10mph.  Neighborhood.  New Balance 890.

4m easy (BOFM) - 7:29 average.

I don't know if it's pre-race adrenaline, the coffee I had 2 hours before today's run, or the music in the headphones, but I haven't felt THIS GOOD on an easy day in a VERY long time.  Totally, totally psyched for this race.  I believe in myself, I trust my training, and I am going to go for it - whatever "it" feels like.  There's 18 weeks here of training that justifies a big PR.  Now it's time for the hard work to pay off.  "All it takes is all you got."  See everybody on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment