Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall 2013 Base Training, Week 4

Monday, October 14th:

Off.  Once again, no desire to run all of the sudden.  What's funny is it doesn't even really bother me that it doesn't bother me.  And what's ironic about the whole situation is that I am arguably fitter than I ever have been before.  Like last week, I'll just follow the week as my mood suits me.

Tuesday, October 15th:

Off.  Thought about heading out tonight for a couple easy miles, then thought twice.  Sorry for this blog being even more boring than it already is (for those lucky few readers!).  I may switch to posting once weekly or changing the format so that I don't sound like a broken record every day. :)

Wednesday, October 16th - Thursday, October 17th:

Off again.  Would have run Thursday night but Janine had a commitment so I was home with the girls instead.  But I had that urge.  Finally. :)

Friday, October 18th:

5:00am, 57 degrees, 63%, 5-15mph.  MRC-back.  Adidas Supernova Glide 5.

10mi easy - (7:43): 38:55 tailwind out, 38:15 headwind back

Like riding a bicycle.  Ran an easy first (8:11) and last (7:56) mile, everything else on cruise control in the 7:30-:45 range.  I feel refocused, recommitted.  Think I just needed some extra mental recovery this week, so I could sort through the other things that are happening in life.

Saturday, October 19th:

6:00am, 45 degrees, 88%, calm.  Moorestown.  Adidas Adizero Boston 3.

10mi easy - (7:28): including 8x strides during last mile

Brisker easy pace run with Tom and Steve.  Paces per mile ranged from 7:16-:47.  Practiced shorter/faster turnover, felt very controlled.  The chillier temperature was a refreshing shock to the system.

Sunday, October 20th:

5:30am, 48 degrees, 86%, 10-15mph.  MRC-home-MRC.  Nike Pegasus 29 USATF.

11mi recovery - (8:03)

Ran the first half of Steve's 22mi long run with him.  Then accompanied him afterward on the bike.  Much cooler and windier this morning.  Pace was very relaxed and comfortable.

Weekly Total: 31 miles

I think the extra days off this week gave me time to reflect on why I run.  The last three days have been rejuvenating.  Now I will work on consistently building to determine again what my longer term running goals are.

No comments:

Post a Comment