Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall 2013 Base Training, Week 2

Monday, September 30th:

5:30am, 52 degrees, 88%, calm.  Maple Shade Loop (S).  Saucony Cortana 3.

5mi easy - (7:40)

Very light on my feet this morning.  Couple miles in the 7:20s in there.  Feeling stronger each day.

Tuesday, October 1st:

Off.  Really run down.  Think I might have a head cold.  Taken time off again until I feel better.

Wednesday, October 2nd:

8:30pm, 73 degrees, 68%, calm.  Maple Shade Loop (S).  Adidas Adizero Boston 3.

5mi easy - (7:24)

Turns out I had a complete 180 from this morning.  Thought I was going to take the day off again, but I felt better this evening and went out for a spectacular run where I just had it from the first step.  We'll see what tomorrow brings. :)

Thursday, October 3rd:

5:15am, 61 degrees, 92%, calm.  Maple Ave - back.  Nike Pegasus 29 USATF.

5mi easy - (7:55)

Slow first mile, then found a pretty good rhythm helping pace Larry's group for their tempo run.  Strong last mile.

Friday, October 4th:

5:20am, 62 degrees, 96%, calm.  Hialeah-Kilmer-Chapel.  Adidas Supernova Glide 5.

7mi easy - (7:45): 1mi warmup 8:28, 7:53 7:39 7:35 7:22 7:22, 1mi cooldown 7:53

Exquisite running by effort today.  I didn't look at my watch until almost the 6mi mark.  I didn't plan on picking up the pace every mile the way I did, I just let it naturally happen, staying relaxed and focused on form.  Was really clicking on the rolling sections, especially mile 5 and 6.  Just a fantastic feeling to knock out a run like this.

Saturday, October 5th:

5:25am, 68 degrees, 88%, calm.  Tavistock Loop +.  Adidas Adizero Boston 3.

5mi easy - (7:29)

It's like I can't do any wrong this week.  So effortless.  I just gobbled up the hills in Tavistock this morning and it all felt like a warm up jog.

Sunday, October 6th:

7:00am, 66, 100%, 5mph.  Moorestown.  Adidas Adizero Boston 3.

8mi very easy - (8:07)

Ran with Steve as part of his long run.  Then I hopped on my bike and rode ~9mi more with him.  The slower running pace felt ridiculously easy today, like a recovery pace.  It's just so amazing to me how strong I feel right now.  Steve looks really fit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him scare 3 hours in Philly next month.  It's awesome to see the newer team members doing so well.

Weekly Total: 35 miles

Nothing fancy, but man did I feel super great all week.  I plan on starting to add sprinkles of quality (hill sprints, moderate running) next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment