Monday, October 1, 2012

Base Training, Week 3

Monday, October 1st:

8:00 pm, 64 degrees, 60%, 0-5mph.  Neighborhood Loop x 2.  Adidas Adizero Tempo 4.

6k easy - BOF 4:50 (5:14 4:48 44 43 46 42)

Like a metronome.  Unbelievable how quickly it is coming back.  It is a peaceful feeling to have control and restraint over the overwhelming desire to do more than I am doing.  Patience feels good and right.

Tuesday, October 2nd:

7:25 pm, 68 degrees, 95%, 0-5mph.  Big Neighborhood Loop.  Nike Structure Triax 15 Shield.

4k easy - BOF 4:52 (5:08 4:52 46 41)

Ran on a heavy stomach, but still had a great rhythm.  Humid, foggy night was kind of cool with the headlamp on.  Felt like I was cutting through the air.

Wednesday, October 3rd:

 6:50 pm, 78 degrees, 80%, calm.  Maple Shade sign and back.  Adidas Adizero Tempo 4.

5k easy - NW

It's been a REALLY long time since I have run in a dew point north of 70.  It still really sucks.  I didn't even bother to wear a watch - just took it VERY slowly.

Thursday, October 4th:

4:00 pm, 76 degrees, 80%, 0-5mph.  Big Neighborhood Loop.  Nike Structure Triax 15 Shield.

4k easy - NW

Felt much more acclimated to the weather today.  More energy than yesterday.

Friday, October 5th:

8:50 am, 62-68 degrees, 70%, 0-5mph.  Chapel-Embassy-CH Blvd Loop + Triangle.  Nike Pegasus 28+.

8k easy progression - BOF 4:52 (5:21 03 4:55 51 49 48 44 31)

One of my favorite rolling routes with some turns and hills to breakup the tempo.  Felt strong on the big uphill and resisted the urge to run faster the last 2km, even though I felt it within me.  "Controlled and relaxed aggression" the last km.

Saturday, October 6th:

7:20 am, 62 degrees, 90%, 0-5mph.  Big Neighborhood Loop.  Nike Pegasus 28+.

4k recovery - NW

Listened to my body and common sense and took it very slow today.  Will probably do the same tomorrow.  Looking forward to an off day on Monday or Tuesday.  Just glad I have developed consistency in training already.

Saturday, October 6th:

7:40 pm, 62 degrees, 55%, 10-15mph.  Big Neighborhood Loop.  Brooks Ravenna 3.

4k easy - NW

Got a 90 minute + nap in this afternoon which was a great refresher.  Also snagged some new running shoes so, in light of tomorrow's ugly rainy forecast, I thought tonight would be a great night to break them in and take a total rest day tomorrow.  LOVED THE FIT AND FEEL OF THESE SHOES.  It's like Brooks designed them specifically for my feet.  Thanks, Brooks!  :)

Sunday, October 7th:

Off.

Weekly Total: 35km

Put together a nice 11 day streak without too many aches and pains.  Felt awesome on my "long" run, and after a forgettable effort this morning, totally redeemed my week with a great run this evening in my new shoes.  Now I get to spend a rainy Sunday with the family, relaxing and doing nothing.  Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment