Saturday, June 30, 2012

"The Summer of George"

I saw the orthopedist yesterday to discuss my MRI arthrogram results and received the good/bad news I was expecting: multiple stress fractures of the pubic rami (pelvic bone).

Good news: No surgery needed.  No permanent damage to soft tissue.  Long-term recovery optimistic.  Should be able to resume light running around September/October.

Bad news: Multiple stress fractures.  No cross training.  No cycling.  No weight lifting.  No yoga.  No stretching. 

More good news: I get to do aqua jogging.  It is now summer.  It is very hot.  Ideal time for aqua jogging, not so much ideal time for running.

More bad news: It's going to be a long summer.  At least I will have the Olympics to appease me.

(Shaking fists in the air): "But this was supposed to be the Summer of George!"


No comments:

Post a Comment